One of the first olive oils produced in Sonoma County in the 20th century, our Olive Hill Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil helped launch the California olive oil renaissance. Made from Picholine olives grown on the B.R. Cohn Estate, it is distinctive in its fresh, full olive flavor, hints of citrus and pleasing pepper finish. In the style of a French olive oil, it is more subtle than Italian oils and exceptionally clean and light on the palate. This oil has consistently been recognized as one of
California’s finest and is certified as extra virgin by the California Olive Oil Council.
The Picholine olive, in addition to yielding beautiful oil, is naturally high in antioxidants, allowing it to retain its flavor and freshness and giving it a longer shelf life than many other oils. Our Picholine trees were imported from France and planted 140 years ago.
Each year in November we harvest our olives by hand and press them within hours at a local mill using state of the art
Pieralisi equipment. Due to very limited quantities, our Olive Hill Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil is only available directly through the B.R. Cohn Winery.
Acidity: less than 0.1%
- Serve straight from the bottle as a bread dipper, or combine with any of our vinegars to create an outstanding dipping oil or vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle on soups, stews, salads and pasta dishes
for added flavor.
- Delicious drizzled over fish or goat cheese.
- Not recommended for high-heat cooking, as this destroys the delicate flavor of the oil.
Awards & Accolades:
- Gold ~ COOC Olive Oil Competition (2013)
- Best of Show & Double Gold ~ Sonoma County Harvest Fair (2011)
- Best of Show ~ COOC Olive Oil Competition (2011)
- Silver ~ L.A. International Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Gold ~ Sonoma County Harvest Fair (2010)
- Gold ~ Los Angeles County Fair (2006)
- Silver ~ Sonoma County Harvest Fair (2005)
- Double Gold & Best of Show ~ Sonoma County Harvest Fair (2004)
- 2 Gold Medals ~ L.A. County Fair Intl Olive Oil Competition (2004)
- Double Gold & Best of Show ~ Sonoma County Harvest Fair (2003)
- WINE ENTHUSIAST (2003)
“…an elegant, yet rich and deeply flavorful oil
– one of the best oils in California. Today, B.R. Cohn is considered one of the pioneers of artisanal olive oil in California, not to mention one of the best Cabernet Sauvignon producers in Sonoma County.”
- Bronze ~ L.A. County Fair Intl Olive Oil Competition (2003)